The faculty of the Department of Communication at the University of Nebraska at Kearney will offer communication courses of the highest quality to undergraduate majors, non-majors and graduate students through formal classroom instruction, distance education, laboratory experiences and internships.
- Be independent thinkers who are able to develop ideas and clearly express them in oral and written forms
- Be analytical creators and critical consumers of oral and mediated messages
- Have an understanding of the history, theory and current issues in their discipline
- Have an appreciation for the diversity of people
- Demonstrate team skills important to leaders and followers
- Possess basic technological skills
The faculty are uniquely qualified to provide instruction in the areas of advertising and public relations, journalism, multimedia, organizational and relational communication, and speech education.